I definitely had a hard time going through all of the great travel videos made in 2011 so I have squeezed them all into three posts… two on Travel Yourself and one on the Matador Network. As I said before 2011 was a great year for travel videos and I am so excited that more and more people are getting into it. I think travel videos are such a great way to learn about a destination but to also inspire me to travel more and visit places and do things I never had heard of or thought about doing before.
1. This video has definitely inspired me and I hope to now take this trip myself in 2012. In 2011 Michael Hodson, Jeannie Mark and Nora Dunn participated in the UltimateTrainChallenge and this video features day 1 of their 6 day trip on the trans Manchurian railway.
2. Kelley Ferro tantalized my taste buds with this video of a wicked cupcake shop in New York.
Watch more New York City videos at tripfilms.com
3. In 2011 Nathan and Sofia of AsWeTravel.com took on the task of visiting 30 countries in 90 days all traveling by train and let me tell you that was quite the feat. Below they share with you their 31st country following that trip Tallin, Estonia.
4. Next we get a little extreme with volcano boarding in Nicaragua with Jason and Aracely of 2Backpackers.com It looks really fun but at the same slightly painful and tiring. Nothing that a nice free mojito can’t cure.
5. Keeping with the extreme theme Ant and Elise take us canyoning with them in Dalat, Vietnam. They abseil down rock faces, waterfalls and even slide down rapids. Looks tiring as well but definitely a lot of fun.
6. Definitely one of the most informative travel videos I have watched this year Erica and Shaun from OverYonderLust.com . They show us some of the tasks you have to do in your test to learn how to scuba dive. I’ve always wondered what you had to do.
7. Last but not least in my wrap up of the best travel videos from the travel blogging community in 2011 Jade and Bob of Vagabond3.com give us a chuckle as they attempt to feed some Ostrich’s in California. Sadly no riding allowed.