Recently I was traveling around Gargano, Italy with some fellow travel video blogger friends and we decided to put together a small series of videos to share with you and the world our very best travel tips. For my video we talked about the best tips for packing your luggage that we each use as we travel. Watch our video above and continue reading to learn some of our very best tips.
To hear our tips about traveling solo watch Kate’s video from TravelWithKate.com HERE
To hear us talk about our favourite travel adventures, our favourite meals eaten on our travels, our best tips for people who haven’t traveled before and our best suggestions on where they should travel to first watch Rob’s video from StopHavingABoringLife.com HERE
Our top packing tips:
1. Bring Solid colours that you can easily mix and match
2. Always keep you passport, credit cards and money in the same spot.
3. Select outfits that you like, that fit and that you can easily mix and match
4. Bring accessories to jazz up your outfits and make them look different like scarves, jewellery, sarong, a hat, etc.
5. Bring multiple ziplock bags for liquids, and plastic bags for dirty clothes and shoes.
6. Try to limit what you bring with you and travel with carry-on luggage only. (However do research baggage allowances per-airline carrier for each trip.)
7. If possible take less clothes and more money.
8. Don’t pack “maybe” clothes. Bring clothes that you will wear for sure.
9. Bring with you or purchase at your destination a small collapsable shopping bag that folds up to nothing that can hold your extra purchases if needed. This bag can also be used as a souvenir for a friend once you get home.
To learn more about these tips and why we think they are important watch the video.
What are your favourite packing tips? Are there any we forgot? Please share them in the comments below!
Chanel | Cultural XplorerOctober 6, 2014 at 4:39 pm
Haha glad to know I am not alone with carrying grocery store bags in my suitcase for dirty clothes :D