If there’s one thing that Canada has to be visited for, it’s the sheer volume of outdoors opportunities that the country provides. Even if you live here on a permanent basis, the number of experiences that this vast country has can astound the locals, never mind the tourists.
However, if you do feel like you want to explore further afield, you can be sure of inundated options to choose from and with American express travel, you can take advantage of a number of benefits, such as membership rewards points as well!
Check out these top experiences around the world that should be appreciated during your lifetime and start planning your next adventure.
1. Get Up Close to Niagara Falls – Ok, let’s stay closer to home before heading further afield. If you haven’t seen Niagara Falls, do so at some point. These falls are some of the largest in the world and, if you want the ultimate vantage point, hop aboard the Maid of the Mist or take a jet boat tour that will take you right into the towering mist that is formed from the colossal cascading falls.
2. Dive the Great Barrier Reef – Let’s take you to the other side of the world, to Queensland, Australia, where the Great Barrier Reef still lives and breathes (and can be seen from space!) If there’s one place to learn to dive or snorkel, this is it. Plus, Queensland itself is full of fantastic experiences, from the lush rainforest to the sandy beaches.
3. Walk the Great Wall of China – Another sight that can be seen from space, the Great Wall of China spans 8,850km and you might not get to explore every single stone, stepping foot on part of it is an experience in itself.
4. Sleep in the Serengeti – Can you imagine sleeping under the stars alongside some of nature’s giants? Well, in the Serengeti National Park, Tanzania, you can! Not only will you be able to spot some majestic wildlife that you may have otherwise only seen in the zoo, but you will also be able to share their natural habitat for a while too.
5. Follow the Inca Trail – If there’s one jungle trek you should experience, it’s to find the hidden wonder of Machu Picchu, the ancient Incan kingdom that’s tucked away in the rainforest of Peru. While there are quicker ways of seeing this ancient civilization, the Inca Trail is the authentic (albeit a little challenging) way.
Our planet is awash with incredible sights – try and see some of them during your lifetime.