I recently got tagged by Alisha at @sosauce about making a Passion Board and this is what she had to say about it because there is no better way for me to say it! :)
“Recently I discovered the Passion Board project created by the folks at Got Passport. The objective of Passion Board is to “discover and unleash your passion through art and creativity.” It’s a fun project that shows people what you’re all about in a way travelers may not think about. It’s bringing back the idea of jotting down your thoughts on pen and paper, not just conversing online. Here is how Passion Board works according to Got Passport:
Passion Board Round up
– We invite EVERYONE to participate.
– Once Passion Board is created: take a picture and write a post about it on your blog
– Tweet/Share your post: Please include #passionboard and mention @GotPassport in your tweet
– Encourage others to participate: Tag and Invite 5 additional friends to join the Round up!
– If you are NOT on Twitter, not a blogger, email us at GotPassport [at] Gmail [dot] com: send us a picture of your passion board and include a sentence or two about the passion board” www.sosauce.com/blog/
At the end of the post Alisha tagged me. It took me a while but I have finally completed my own!
I loved the idea of this project because I’m a very hands on artsy person and love getting messy! However I found that I don’t have many magazines anymore or at least magazines that I would cut up so I went to lovely google and photoshop to make my Passion Board that you can see here below:
1. Friends – Yes it was a great TV show but I’m not talking about it rather I’m talking about my lovely friends that I care about very much and the fact that I love making new ones. That last point is part of the reason why I love to travel so much, to meet new people from all around the world!
2. Travel is an obvious one from my Passion Board. The Earth shows my love for the whole world and my desire to travel it all! However I also specified a few countries like Australia and Spain. As long as I can remember I have dreamed of visiting Australia and it wasn’t until a trip to Europe where I was stuck on a bus with 30 aussies for 12 days that I finally decided it was time to go. The first time I went to Australia was April 2008, I toured the East Coast and visited with the friends I had made in Europe and I loved it! I loved it so much so that I went back in November 2008 quickly hopped over to NZ and then back again before returning home. Then in January-February 2009 I found myself jobless and with some cash in my pocket so I went back again! After that trip I returned home but then traveled to a few more countries including Spain. Spain is a big one for me, I went to Spain in August 2009. While in Spain I shot the first episode for my very own travel TV show Travel Yourself, I learned a bit about my Spanish heritage (1/8 Fernandez!) and took part in the biggest food fight in the world La Tomatina. My Spain trip will hopefully be the start of something greater in my life and that trip will forever be something that I am extremely passionate about.
Oh and I went to Australia again 1 year later in February 2010, I just can’t get enough of it!!
3.Film & TV – These are also two huge huge passions in my life. I’ve loved watching TV and going to movies since I was a little kid and now I work on Films and TV shows and am even making my own! Also the Amazing Race is a show that I do actually really like and am dying to be on!
4. Photography – When I was 11 years old my teacher taught myself and other classmates how to use cameras and how to develop our own black & white film and prints and I was hooked. I continued taking photography classes in school, even in University learning how to do many things. I now pride myself in my photos, I know I’m not the best but I think I have at least perfected the self taken portrait :)
5. Twitter – I’m addicted. It’s a problem. The fact that I have an iphone now doesn’t help. I have recently start saying “at” (@) in front of my friends names when I speak to them “Hello atMeghan” “What’s up atSarah?”….. haha I’m kidding its not that bad yet!
I hope you liked it! Now for me to tag some people!
I nominate Chris from The Aussienomad, Candice from Free Candie, Steph from Why Wait to See The World, Adam from Travels of Adam and Brooke from Brooke VS The World to create your own passion board next!!